Let me provide informationabout different paints, sealers and mediums today. I have provided
general information about it and I would like to go in more details. By reading earlier
three blogs, you will see how easy it is to learn this technique and follow it for your
art work. It gets creative with every stroke.
Paints:Variety of paints include
1.Plaid folkart for fabric – one that can be applied for fabric with brush and the other is
with the tip, applied directly to the fabric.
2.Outdoor paints- They are made to withstand weather conditions and they contain sealer that
3.Enamel paints- These are used for glass and metal surfaces and look beautiful when applied.
4.Folkart acrylic- can be used for many different surfaces like canvas, paper, even glass with medium.
There are variety of sealers on the market and each one of them are designed to be used with a specific
products. When you seal the paintint, it lasts longer. They are available in either spray or brush -on
form. Apart from that, you have choices of finishes like glossy, satin and matte.
There are more variety of mediums to use with your paints than you can imagine.
1. Floating medium to be used with folkart paints – This is opaque without paint in it.
2. Blending gel – This is more for blending and it will prevent dry edges. It also extends
the drying time without thinning the color.
3. Glazing medium – This also extends the drying time and make the paint transparent without
making it watery. It gives paint semi-glossy appearance.
4. Crackle medium – It gives aged look to the paint. Most of the artists use as a background
and as a base layer with dark color. Once it is dry paint is applied with lighter shade whic
produces great contrast.
5. Clear medium-It is used with enamel paints. It adds fluff to paint without adding pigment.
Visit: www.Alkasdesigns.com for more ideas.